The curb appeal of your house is reflective of the quality and condition of your complete property. It determines the initial appeal of your property for a visitor or a prospective property buyer. If you are not happy with the curb appeal of your building, you can carry out certain home renovations to improve it. You should pay attention to every minute detail, such as a cracked step or an untrimmed hedge. The skilled professionals at Interiors With Elegance can help you with pleasant and stress-free renovations. We have a design team that suggests products that fit your budget as well as suit your lifestyle.
Here are some unique home renovation ideas to improve the curb appeal of your property:
1. Go Green – Adding a garden to the exterior of your home is one of the most impactful ways to boost its curb appeal. You can also use plants or flowers to accentuate and frame key visual points such as entryways.
Well-placed trees around the property block unwanted sun and wind which helps in reducing home heating and cooling costs. They can even prevent thieves or criminals from getting too close to your house.
2. Take Care of Your Lawn – Your lawn should be properly trimmed and well-maintained. You should regularly mow the grass, rake the leaves and pull weeds. Ensure the plants are well watered to avoid dry or brown spots. If you resi
de in an area where it is difficult for the plants to grow, you can consider alternatives like shrub beds or artificial turf. Another creative idea is to lay a neat path to the backyard.
3. Highlight Your Main or Front Door – Design your front door to stand out instead of blending in with the rest of the house. You can do so by painting the door in a bold colour which accentuates and enhances the other colours of your home’s exterior. To decorate, you can add wreaths made from dried greens and flowers.
4. Bright Entryway – Dark entryways are not at all welcoming. Hang some porch string lights or solar-powered lanterns to light up your walkways. Clean cobwebs and debris around outdoor light fixtures so that the space appears bright and clean.
5. Create Symmetry – Symmetrical patterns are pleasing to look at and instantly grab the attention of onlookers. To enhance its visual appeal, you can place matching wall lanterns or plants on either side of your front door or garage door.
6. Change the Façade – A new façade can give your house a completely new look. Incorporating stonework or stone veneers give a natural appearance to buildings. You can also try renovating your pavement, brick sidewalks and landsc
7. Paint the Exterior - Changing the exterior paint is a popular way of enhancing your curb appeal. You need not apply different colours while painting your home’s exterior. A brighter shade or a fresh coat of paint can make your home more appealing. Sometimes, changing the colours of the trims, gutters and other accent pieces is sufficient for brightening up homes.
8. Mailbox Makeover – You can replace your old mailbox with a new, stylish one to increase the curb appeal of your home.
9. Add Fences – A low fence around the property adds a welcoming boundary between a busy street and a private space. It will also make your front yard seem larger.
Custom Home Renovation in Calgary
The in-house designers at Interiors With Elegance provides premier home renovation services for all types and sizes of homes in Calgary. Regardless of whether you want a traditional, transitional or contemporary renovation, our certified designers and tradespeople can help you create it.
Contact us today to learn more about our home renovation services.